Have you struggled to reach your social media goals for traffic and engagement? Are you unsure of how to manage
social media to get what you want out of it? Luckily, you are able to look into what social media managers do daily to gain success and learn from the pros.
Manage Social Media
Just as there are many different day-to-day schedules of a social media manager, there are also different checklists, depending on what you have on your plate with your social media management.
You should be thinking about what to include on your daily personal checklist. Here are ideas to help you take a leaf out of a managers book:
- Browse platforms for notifications, trending topics, latest news and conversations.
- Post to main platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Post to your company page and Blog.
- Post to your personal Google+ profile and communities and also your business profile.
- Post pictures of your latest work to visual platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr.
- Engage with your followers and connect with at least one new person.
- Share content from other posters.
You will want to adapt these ideas to your own routine, focusing on what will gain you success. You should first focus on what the most important jobs are, such as replying to messages and when you’ve done them you can work your way through the more relaxing ones like sharing and joining conversations.
An important role for social media managers is creating content. There are 6 skills required for creating content. These are:
- Copy writing
It’s important to create your own content as well as sharing others, as you want your followers to see that you’re original and know what you’re talking about. Your own content will be shared which will give your business attention so as well as you connecting with other businesses and crediting them, they can do the same back for you. There are free and cheap tools available to help you create content, so even if you lack in designing skills you can still be creative.
Social media managers have 7 habits that they stick to, this is to make it easier to manage their profiles so when they reach success they can maintain or increase it. These habits are:
- Listen to what is being said about your brand
- Be on top of your metrics-Reach, engagement, traffic and followers.
- Be on top of competition tracking.
- Make new connections, with other businesses and followers.
- Share at least one story of a happy customer everyday.
- Keep up with queries of customer care.
- Build your content pipeline.
This is an infographic where we give you a look into the life of a social media manager to help you to manage social media successfully.
For a successful visual social media strategy you should check out this infographic: https://www.ratedwebdesigncompanies.com/tips-and-articles/visual-social-media-strategy-tools/
Would you like some help with social media marketing? If so then take a look at this infographic for to do’s: https://www.ratedwebdesigncompanies.com/tips-and-articles/dos-social-media-marketing/